Sunday, April 15, 2012

How FIRST has impacted my life!

When I first joined the Flying Platypi I had no idea of what I was in for. In the first few weeks I was amazed by what we were expected to do. We had to raise money for the team, write an essay for the Chairman's award, create individual parts for the robot, and write code for the robot, among many other things. But after we finished the robot within the timeframe of build season and completed all the other marketing tasks we were finally ready to go to the regionals. The regionals we went to were fantastic experiences. It is amazing to see so many people in one place that have all been given the same tasks to solve and with the same interest in science and technology. It creates a sense of community between all the teams even though some may have not even encountered each other.
Last year we went to nationals. It was truly a sight to see FIRST almost take over St. Louis. At times like lunch, wherever you looked you could see FIRST teams walking around. Going to the competitions and just being part of FIRST is truly an original experience and I am glad that FIRST has shown me that there are so many people in my generation that are interested in science and technology.


--Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment